Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Road to ACCEPTED

This was my third time applying to the Disney College Program and it was my last chance to apply due to my school schedule. I was very nervous this time around especially when I went to apply in January and found out that I should have waited until March. Because last time when I applied I didn't pass the Web Based Interview I needed to wait 6-months to apply. So the program sent me straight to the Phone Interview, but then I got a call that I had to cancel my interview and wait until my 6 months were up.

So I waited, and then when time came I couldn't re-apply and I didn't have access to the Web Interview. I called Disney on a Friday and talked to a bunch of different people until someone finally said that they would send me the web interview. But I didn't get it. So Monday I called again and they weren't sure why I hadn't gotten it and they said I should get the email in 24 hours, and if not then go ahead and call again. Guess what, Tuesday there was still no email and I called back and talked to the same woman who was very helpful and I ended up getting the email within the hour. So I took a deep breath, said a little prayer and I took the Web Interview. And I passed! Yay!

I signed up to have my Phone interview on Thursday and anxiously waited and worked on my 2 pages of note that I had for the interview. Patty called me and we had a great chat. I went on and on about how I was inspired by the company and especial by Walt Disney himself (I was reading his biography at the time, which helped). I talked about how much I loved children and how I felt Disney stood for family and happiness. My interview lasted about 20 minutes and at the end I felt really good. And then the waiting began. Here I would like to insert the fact that the first time I applied I got pended and had to wait 3 months to find out they rejected me. That was the worst feeling ever. Checking my dashboard ever hour every day waiting for some change and hoping it would be positive. But through this I met a wonderful group of people on facebook who I have really bonded with since then. But this time I waited less than 3 days. I figured I wouldn't hear anything over the weekend, but I must have had a pretty great interview to hear back Monday.  I got accepted into the Fall season for Attractions, which wasn't very high on my list, but I will take it over nothing. I really hope I can get placed in Jungle Cruise so that I get to do a bit of acting while I am there. But I want to work for Disney after I graduate, so this will be a great foot in the door for the famous company.

My favorite part of when I heard back is that I was in the process of picking classes for next semester when I got the email. Guess I don't need to do that anymore! So now I just have to wait for my arrival day! I picked August 19th, so that I won't miss my boyfriend's birthday and I'm super excited! I get to live at Walt Disney World for 5 months! Some one could pinch me because I'm pretty sure I'm dreaming! There is a lot of planning to go into this, but I'm more than willing to make it work. I just hope everyone is willing to work with me too.

I promised myself that I would blog while I was in the program, both as a journal for me and a way to keep in touch with my friends and family and let them know what I was up to. Obviously it will be slow for the next couple months while nothing is happening, but I'm hoping to be pretty committed once I start the program.

1 comment:

  1. Blessings! You are sooooo lucky! I want to read more about your whole Disney adventure.

    ReplyDelete